The ITSSAR Counterbalance Training Course is a course for various skillsets including; Novice, Experienced & Refresher to gain the skills set to operate a lift truck safely. The course includes an element of both theory and practical works.
The objectives of the counterbalance operator training course is to teach the basic skills requirement to be able to operate the lift truck safely.
The agenda of the training course is as follows;
- Course induction & outline
- The need to train & the statutory requirements
- Simple hydraulics
- Counterbalance Principles Rated capacities – stability and instability
- Operators safety code
- Suitable safety films
- Briefing and multi choice theory test
- Course feedback and closure
- Introduction to the components of the machine
- Introduction to motive and steering controls starting, stopping & emergency stops
- Hydraulic controls
- Driving and steering procedures (laden & unladen)
- Battery charging & simple battery maintenance
- Pre-use checks / refuelling procedures
- Load handling
- Stacking and destacking procedures
- Bulk stacking / destacking
- Handling awkward loads & vehicle loading / unloading
- Pre-use check test
- Practical skill test
- Please note, the full agenda may be condensed dependent on the operators skill set.
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for candidates with all levels of skills from Novice to Experienced. We also offer refresher courses for those candidates that already hold their counterbalance ticket. The course can be held at our training centre, or if it is more suitable, a customers premises.
How is this course assessed?
All courses are assessed with both theory and practical elements.
The ITSSAR Counterbalance Training Course Certification
Once the candidate has successfully completed the course, they will receive a certificate with their registration number to the Trained Operator Passport Scheme (TOPS).
Enquire about this training course today
If you are looking to book yourself or a group of employees onto a training course then get in touch today for our best price.
Accredited & approved by
Other training courses you might be interested in
Other Health & Safety Courses
Emergency First Aid At Work
PASMA Combined Training
PASMA Work At Height Training
PASMA Towers For Users Training
IPAF Load & Unload
IPAF Push Around Vertical (PAV)
IPAF Demonstrator Training Course
IPAF MEWPs For Managers
IPAF Safety Harness Safe Use & Inspection
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“Very clean training facility. Instructor made everything clear and explained everything in detail. Highly recommend.”
IPAF Operator Course, 20/01/2021, Severn
“Great Training Centre, very well organised and pleasant staff. Highly recommend”
IPAF Operator Course, 26/02/2021, Chris
“A great experience from start to finish, well organised and with good communication”
IPAF Operator Course 05/02/2021, Joe
“Brilliant course. Highly recommend Optimum Training”