IPAF Safety Harness Safe Use & Inspection
The IPAF Safety Harness Safe Use & Inspection Course provides the candidate with an understanding on how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard.
The objectives of the IPAF Safety Harness Course is;
- Understand the relevant health and safety regulations, guidance and standards.
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) against falls from height when working from a MEWP or MCWP.
- Understand how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be able to fit and adjust a harness and lanyard.
- Be able to conduct a periodic or an interim inspection on a harness and lanyard used for restraint on a MEWP or MCWP.
- Be able to maintain associated records.
The IPAF Safety Harness course will cover the following;
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Working at Height Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- CE markings and how to inspect your harness
- Hierarchy of fall protection measures
- Different types of harness, lanyards and fittings
- Inspections, pre-use checks and maintaining records
- Fitting and adjustments
- Usage and anchor points
- Storage and maintenance
- Risk assessment
- Rescue requirements and options
- Course Assessment
Who is this course suitable for?
The IPAF Harness course is suitable for any candidate that uses, conducts inspections or supervisors the use of harnesses.
How is this course assessed?
The course is assessed with individual written tests and a practical assessment.
IPAF Safety Harness Safe Use & Inspection Certification
Once the course has successfully been completed, the candidate will receive a certificate.
Enquire about this training course today
If you are looking to book yourself or a group of employees onto a training course then get in touch today for our best price.
Accredited & approved by
Other training courses you might be interested in
Other Health & Safety Courses
Emergency First Aid At Work
PASMA Combined Training
PASMA Work At Height Training
PASMA Towers For Users Training
IPAF Load & Unload
IPAF Push Around Vertical (PAV)
IPAF Demonstrator Training Course
IPAF MEWPs For Managers
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“Very clean training facility. Instructor made everything clear and explained everything in detail. Highly recommend.”
IPAF Operator Course, 20/01/2021, Severn
“Great Training Centre, very well organised and pleasant staff. Highly recommend”
IPAF Operator Course, 26/02/2021, Chris
“A great experience from start to finish, well organised and with good communication”
IPAF Operator Course 05/02/2021, Joe
“Brilliant course. Highly recommend Optimum Training”