IPAF Load & Unload
The IPAF Load and Unload Training Course is to provide the operator with the correct procedures to safely load, unload and secure any plant, machinery or equipment prior to or following on from transportation.
The objectives of the IPAF Load and Unload Training Course is;
- Safely load, unload and secure machinery using the appropriate equipment onto a suitable vehicle ready for transportation on a pubic highway.
- Link methods of work to legal requirements.
- Identify associated hazards and apply effective control measures to prevent accidents.
The IPAF Load and Unload course will cover the following;
- Accident statistics including the consequences of an accident, the most common load / unload incidents, incidents involving walking a MEWP and a delivery driver.
- Different types of vehicles covering 4×4 wit trailer, 1.5t van, 7.5t beavertail, 26t rigid and 40t articulated.
- Vehicle inspection including types of ramp, PPE and PFPE
- Things to consider when positioning your vehicle
- Inspection of the equipment to be loaded
- What is involved when loading the vehicle including; preparation prior to loading, vehcie suspension and support jacks, safe working height, access and egress, safe use of winch, load unload procedure
- Positioning the load
Securing the load, the terminology, specifications, load securing chains, lashing capacity, guidance for scissor and boom type machines, legislation.
- Final checks before travel
- Offloading Handover and Collection
Who is this course suitable for?
The IPAF Load and Unload course is suitable for operators of plant that need to safely load, unload and secure any plant, machinery or equipment onto a suitable vehicle. The operator must have a valid operators license for the categories of plant they wish to load and unload or a written letter of competency for plant operation from their employer.
How is this course assessed?
The IPAF Load and Unload course is assessed using both theory and practical assessments.
Upon successful completion of the course, the operator will receive a PAL card, certificate and log book.
Enquire about this training course today
If you are looking to book yourself or a group of employees onto a training course then get in touch today for our best price.
Accredited & approved by
Other training courses you might be interested in
Other Health & Safety Courses
Emergency First Aid At Work
PASMA Combined Training
PASMA Work At Height Training
PASMA Towers For Users Training
IPAF Push Around Vertical (PAV)
IPAF Demonstrator Training Course
IPAF MEWPs For Managers
IPAF Safety Harness Safe Use & Inspection
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“Very clean training facility. Instructor made everything clear and explained everything in detail. Highly recommend.”
IPAF Operator Course, 20/01/2021, Severn
“Great Training Centre, very well organised and pleasant staff. Highly recommend”
IPAF Operator Course, 26/02/2021, Chris
“A great experience from start to finish, well organised and with good communication”
IPAF Operator Course 05/02/2021, Joe
“Brilliant course. Highly recommend Optimum Training”