Emergency First Aid At Work
The Emergency First Aid at Work course, is a one day course which covers the basics of first aid treatment in an emergency situation, such as an incident or accident within the workplace or the sudden illness of a colleague or customer. This course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
The aim of the Emergency First Aid at Work course is to provide the candidate with the first aid basics to be able to deal with an emergency in the workplace.
The Emergency First Aid At Work course content will include;
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider, how to minimize the risk of infection to yourself and others
- Be able to assess an incident and provide the appropriate assistance when necessary
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty. This will include demonstrating CPR using manikin, when to put a casualty into the recovery position, how to administer first aid to a casualty who is experiencing a seizure.
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking whether that be mild or severe
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is externally bleeding. Including how to control external bleeds
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, splinters, minor burns and scalds.
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for any employee in the UK that needs to either learn the basic first aid skills required for a workplace or to refresh these.
How is this course assessed?
The course is assessed by both theory and practical aspects.
Emergency First Aid At Work Certification
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will receive a certificate which is valid for 3 years, however, it is advised that refresher courses are taken at 12 month intervals.
Enquire about this training course today
If you are looking to book yourself or a group of employees onto a training course then get in touch today for our best price.
Accredited & approved by
Other training courses you might be interested in
Other Health & Safety Courses
PASMA Combined Training
PASMA Work At Height Training
PASMA Towers For Users Training
IPAF Load & Unload
IPAF Push Around Vertical (PAV)
IPAF Demonstrator Training Course
IPAF MEWPs For Managers
IPAF Safety Harness Safe Use & Inspection
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“Very clean training facility. Instructor made everything clear and explained everything in detail. Highly recommend.”
IPAF Operator Course, 20/01/2021, Severn
“Great Training Centre, very well organised and pleasant staff. Highly recommend”
IPAF Operator Course, 26/02/2021, Chris
“A great experience from start to finish, well organised and with good communication”
IPAF Operator Course 05/02/2021, Joe
“Brilliant course. Highly recommend Optimum Training”